The Brock Talk

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Comment of the Week

My favorite comment came as a response to my April 23 post regarding my visit to Three Chimneys Farm in Kentucky to see Seattle Slew.
--Brock Sheridan

That’s how I remember it, however you left out the most chilling part of the day and the day I realized that there really are race horse gods. When we went to Claiborne Farm and saw Conquistador Cielo and they led him out of his stall, crippling with arthritis, and as I put my hand on him the clouds broke out into a downpour. I couldn’t help but think of him romping home in the monsoon of the Belmont…I don’t think I’ll ever forget that.
--Matthew Denny, Austin, Texas.

2 comments:

Derbydan5018 said...

Great story Matthew. I've always wanted to be up close to a great horse like that. I once saw John Henry and Sgt. Pepper Feature at Ky. Horse Park, but weren't able to get on any big farms.

Maddy4361 said...

When I was about 10, we went to see Secretariat in Kentucky. I remember being so bored making the long drive from Nashville all the way to Lexington. But it is a day I'll never forget