The Brock Talk

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Derby Trifecta Ticket Using Post Positions

Now that the post position draw has occured here's my Derby Trifecta ticket by the numbers.

Must Run First
13-16
Must Run Second
5-13-16
Must Run Third
5-13-15-16-19

Total Cost $12 on a $1 Trifecta. Let me know if you have questions by clicking on the comment link just below this post. These are the same horses as on my Early Derby Trifecta ticket posted earlier this week with I Want Revenge and Pioneerof the Nile as our "key" horses.

My longshot on this ticket is Hold Me Back at 15-1 and I've played him to run second or third. That would be about the only thing that could save me from a sub-$500 ticket if it cashes at all... and that's a big if.

I will be taking a closer look at three other longshots that may take the place of Hold Me Back tomorrow. I'm off Muskat Man. His morning reports are not what I'm looking for. So I'm taking a closer look at Papa Clem, General Quarters and Chocolate Candy. At least each of those horses are all at 20-1.

I still have to leave out Friesan Fire. Bear in mind that I'm not discounting the horse too much. It's just that I won't play a trifecta that is completely filled with favorites. The Derby very seldom works that way.

No comments: